The Abilibowater Paper Mill is a legacy of Grand Falls Windsor’s growth and community development. One of the most important historical informats and how the community grew. The mill is no longer around as it was disposed of however the memories of it are still around to this day. January 7th, 1905, the Harmsworth family and a the owner of the Newfoundland Railway, Robert Gillespie Reid, came together to form the Anglo-Newfoundland Development Company. This lead to the construction of the mill, which opened up on October 9th, 1909.